why do my Kitchen Sockets Keep Tripping?

Why do my Kitchen Sockets Keep Tripping?

Electrical sockets in the kitchen are essential to connect electrical devices according to your need. Sockets and switches are part of the electrical system, but they are also at risk of damage.

Why do my Kitchen Sockets Keep Tripping? Kitchen sockets keep tripping due to damaged plug and failure of circuit breaker due to moisture. Water leakage from the kitchen boiler, faulty devices, and the damaged ground wire is also the leading cause of switch tripping. In addition, accumulation of smoke, overloading, and voltage fluctuation cause this problem.

There are many reasons for faulty kitchen sockets, and it is essential to pay attention to faulty electrical systems and replace them immediately to keep your kitchen damage-free area.

Damaged plug and electrical outlet

Kitchen sockets trip due to a damaged plug or the entire electrical outlet is faulty. In addition, the plug can be damaged if pulled out forcefully and carelessly from the wall.

Metal clamps are present inside the outlet to hold a plug securely on the wall, but due to defective wiring, these metals melt and result in the melting of the entire outlet.

The plug loses its connection to the wall due to defective wiring and melted metal clamps. Plugs melt if the wires are too small to draw enough voltage to meet the requirement.

Plug sockets are damaged when they become old because they are in constant use, and their maintenance is neglected for many years.

Damage from an external source causes cracks in the plug socket, and this can also lead to the tripping of kitchen sockets easily.

You can avoid the issue of the damaged plug by checking sockets regularly and every time before you use it. In addition, ensure the replacement of the broken plug and electrical outlet as soon as possible.

Presence of moisture

The kitchen is the place that is exposed to moisture due to cooking and is at more risk of damage to electrical wires and the devices.

Excessive moisture in your kitchen leads to corrosion and rusting of wires and the entire electrical junction.

Corroded wires are the main cause of the electrical surge and lead to the failure of circuit breakers.

Overheating in electrical equipment cause malfunctioning and then lead to tripping in the kitchen.

Water enters the switches through walls and causes flickering of light and then tripping the socket.

Water vapors settle on electrical appliances, and you will experience tripping of the switch when you touch them.

Circuit breakers are designed to maintain the voltage by controlling the overloading of electric power.

Excessive moisture in your kitchen is very dangerous and fails to keep the circuit breaker intactand causes malfunctioning of devices.

You should use a humidifier to prevent the clouding of moisture and ensure to turn on the exhaust when cooking.

Use of high voltage appliances

Using high voltage appliances such as fridge and electric range leads to tripping sockets.

Kitchen sockets can be damaged When appliances run on high voltage. You should use low-voltage devices to avoid the damage of switch tripping.

Circuit breaker failure due to overload

A circuit is completed when a connection is made between wires, fuse, breaker, and electrical devices when plugged into it.

It is a switch and helps prevent the breaker from overloading or short-circuiting.

A circuit is called overloaded when it bears more voltage than it handles. This occurs when too many appliances are plugged into the same switch simultaneously.

Every circuit is designed to handle a fixed amount of voltage, and if you try to put extra amperes on the circuit, it will trip.

For example, plugging the microwave oven into the switch that does not supply enough voltage to operate will cause the failure of the switch.

Overloading of the circuit can also cause the power to shut off entirely with a crackling sound.

Circuit overloading can also occur due to loose connections of wires, and you should be careful in inspecting wiring.

You should unplug high-energy demanding to prevent the tripping of the socket in your kitchen.

Some people prefer to use extension leads due to multiple switches, but this also can cause damage to the socket.

Avoid using extension leads and also ensure the use of energy saver devices to resolve this issue.

Ground wire fault

A circuit is designed so that an electric wire and ground wire do not touch each other.

A ground fault occurs when these wires come in contact, and it results in too high voltage due to reduction in resistance which causes tripping of the switch.

Ground fault circuit interrupters help prevent electric fires and shocks caused by the ground fault.

Circuits breakers are safety devices designed to prevent damage from electricity but can also cause an issue when a circuit breaks.

You should be careful in repairing old and damaged wires in your kitchen to avoid the harmful effects of the ground fault.

Leaking water from boiler

The water boiler in your kitchen is used for heating water, cooking, and washing dishes.

Water leakage from the boiler can be due to many reasons, such as a faulty thermostat, poor electrical connections, and leaks. However, this water leakage is one of the main reasons for tripping sockets in your kitchen.

Water enters the electrical system and becomes the primary reason for tripping and electric shock.

Water leakage will also lead to moisture accumulation in the electrical system, leading to a short circuit.

High pressure in the boiler is the cause of water leakage from the boiler, and this water causes problems when it comes in contact with the wiring system.

You should be careful in checking faulty seals in the pipe to prevent the damage caused by leaking water.

You should also pay attention to the poor connections between electrical wiring and repair it in time.

Use of faulty appliances

Faulty wires of kitchen appliances are damaged if they are not checked regularly.

These appliances, when especially are overloaded, will cause overheating and then the tripping of the circuit breaker.

Older appliances will consume more voltage to work and this extra energy can cause damage.

You can prevent this issue by only running some of the appliances simultaneously in one circuit. In addition, you should pay attention to checking your devices regularly and repairing them as soon as possible.

You should also avoid buying cheap electrical devices for your kitchen so that you can avoid the danger of electric shock.

Accumulation of smoke

Smoke tends to accumulate in the inner components of electronics, and they are coated with a black film which will cause overheating of electronics and finally a short circuit.

The acidity from smoke will destroy the wiring, and it will start to erode the entire circuit, and it will be the leading cause of the failure of the circuit breaker.

The acidity from smoke is more dangerous when it comes in contact with any damp area leading to permanent damage to electronics.

You can experience electric shock and the failure of devices

when you plug them into the switch. If you notice any damage in the devices, repair them before reuse.

Failure to use electrical safety devices

It is essential to use electrical safety devices to avoid the harmful effects of electric damage.

A residual current device (RCD) is a safety device installed within an electrical power system to protect wiring and the whole circuit.

It functions immediately to cut off the power supply automatically when electric current leakage occurs to the ground.

Failure to use these safety devices will put you at more risk of hazards of electrical damage and a short circuit break.

High voltage sometimes can also damage these devices, and you must try to reinstall them to prevent any hazard the next time.

Voltage fluctuations

The electrical system cannot work correctly and causes tripping of switch in the kitchen due to high or low voltage.

Low voltage will cause the devices to draw more current to deliver power and will cause their overheating.

This extraction of more current will result in the melting of components, causing electronics to malfunction.

Too high voltage is also not safe for the electrical system in the kitchen because it will cause the devices to run too high, and the risk of switch trips will be increased.

You should call an electrician to resolve the voltage issue to prevent more hazards of low or high voltage and secure kitchen sockets.

Related Articles:

Keep Kitchen Floor Clean When Cooking

How to install a range hood vent?

How to Keep Kitchen Trash Can from Sliding on Floor?

How to stop water from getting behind the kitchen sink?